AUF model of dialysis cells
The AUF membrane is more energy-efficient with respect to all the flat membranes, and the AUF
self-supporting extruded membrane does not need an anode made of grids nor external or internal support.
It does not need a PVC grid like a flat membrane does.
The AUF membrane can expanded freely from the dry state to the wet state and offers:
- Lower energy absorption
- High penetrating power at a given voltage (15 to 20% or more)
- The AUF anodes allow pressurised anolyte circulation (650 L/h at 0.3 bar and up to 1000 L/h at 0.6 bar).
- The calculated requirements of the AUF anode go from 3 to 5 L / h / Ampere / m 2.
- Zero losses and less paint caking thanks to the impermeable extruded membrane.
- Because of its special construction, there is no risk of the AUF cell overflowing in the bath.
- There is no risk of syphoning if the AUF membrane should break. Since the anolyte circulation is pressurised, it provides a counter-pressure that prevents this risk.
- In the event of bacterial contamination, the AUF anodes can be washed and completely emptied by means of a screw plug at the bottom.
- AUF expands as it has no external /internal constraints.
- AUF can be dried, just wash the surface with demineralised or tap water. Leaving the anolyte circulation at a lower flow rate during maintenance.
- The surface of the AUF membrane can be brushed with “scotch brite” to remove caked/dried paint.
- AUF anodes weigh only 15 kg each (the active membrane is 2.1 m long).
- No special lifting equipment is required to move or replace AUF anodes on their supports (one or two operators).
- At most two people are required to carry out maintenance on an AUF anode.
- The AUF anode can be extracted easily, thanks to a PVC screw at the top of the cell.
- The AUF membrane remains smooth without wrinkling or breaking that would clog the membrane with paint pigments.
- Avin gives twelve months warranty on the AUF membrane (AUF electrodes not included) for a continuous or discontinuous system.
- Experience shows that AUF anodes function properly even after 5 years.
- Turning only the AUF electrode by 90° every six months makes them last longer.
The lift platform allows the basket to be moved in three dimensions. The device has been designed to work in explosive atmospheres. The basket movement, control and all protection/safety devices are operated exclusively by compressed air.
The operator can move the basket in the chosen direction using three control levers. Each lever consists of a valve with three operating positions. Each lever’s central position is a predefined position in which the airflow is blocked preventing the basket from moving. When the valve is operated, the airflow is enabled allowing the basket to move in the selected direction.